Improve your egg quality in three months
It’s important to prepare your body before trying to conceive. It takes around 90 days for eggs to come to maturity, so that seems like a good time to set aside to improve the health of your ovaries and eggs.
When you have an internal clock clicking in your head it can be hard to hear that it’s best to take time out. But it’s not going to be wasted, you’re going to do a lot to improve your health in that 90 days.
1. Eat a healthy diet
- Choose organic foods: proteins, fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds and healthy fats
- Begin each day with the juice of half a lemon in hot water
- Do not skip breakfast
- Avoid sugar, refined carbohydrates, gluten
2. Choose a healthy lifestyle
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine
- Gentle, regular exercise
- Try yoga – not ashtanga or hot yoga though
- Get enough sleep
3. Reduce stress
- Slow down – stress compromises your health and immune system.
- Take time out for yourself. It’s not selfish, in fact it’s essential. Rest. Read. Listen to music. Take the dog for a walk. Daydream – let your thoughts fly. Walk in nature. Sit and do nothing.
- If you work, particularly at a computer or sitting at a desk, set a timer and take short breaks every half an hour. Get up and walk around. Focus on breathing. Listen to a short meditation. Whatever. Just STOP for a few minutes.
4. Take supplements
- Melatonin has been shown to improve egg quality
- Prenatal vitamins that include folates rather than folic acid
- Vitamin D – or spend 30 minutes outside with skin exposed in the middle of each day
- Vitamin E – nourishes the egg
5. Alternative therapy
- Mizan Therapy
Any of these, or a combination, will help to balance your hormones, improve circulation to your reproductive organs and support your fertility.