“This is a transformative course. The extent of experiential learning, information, wisdom and practice that happens within a week is immense, and the entire experience is wrapped in a warmth, acceptance and shared connection with the other participants rarely felt in any other learning environment. It is a safe place to stretch your own skills, insight and self-awareness to a level which surprises even you by the end of it”.
Dates for upcoming training courses can be found here.
Mizan Practitioner Training is a practical hands-on course. Prepare yourself for a week of massaging and being massaged! You will feel very nurtured and will leave feeling refreshed and renewed. I believe that to heal others you need first to heal yourself and the course facilitates a lot of self-healing.
The actual training hours mainly focus on practical experience. There will be some pre-course work to prepare you for the week of practical training, and some post-course work to finish with. Your practical massage skills will be assessed at the end of the week. In all it will be at around 100 hours of study and practical experience.
Please note that from 2019, the one day Wombspace Workshop will be a pre-requisite to practitioner training.
What does the course cover?
- Online pre-course work
- Anatomy and physiology of the pelvis
- A new way to think about menstrual cycles and menstrual health
- Causes of menstrual pain, heavy bleeding, fibroids, endometriosis
- Fertility problems
- Assessing the position of the womb
- Safely performing womb massage on clients
- Releasing tension in the sacrum
- Releasing tension in the diaphragm
- Aiding and supporting emotional release
- Knowing when and how to use castor oil packs, vaginal steaming and abdominal binding
- Herbal formulations for women’s health and healing
- Meditation for uterine health and healing
- How to look after yourself
- Some simple EFT to use for yourself and clients
What does the course give you?
- A burning desire to improve women’s health – one womb at a time
- A comprehensive course manual of around 150 pages
- All the forms you need to start out as a practitioner
- First year’s membership of the Mizan Foundation
- Extended practitioner listing on the website
- Three months of mentoring
- Support of other practitioners via the Mizan Facebook group
Who is this course for?
Absolutely anyone who wants to learn womb work, woman to woman support and healing.
If you are already working in women’s health you will greatly benefit from this course. Doulas, midwives, yoga teachers, acupuncturists, well women practitioners…. all will gain some fantastic new resources and skills.
Are there any pre-requisites to training?
From January 2019 you will need to have attended the one day self care Wombspace Workshop before doing the full Mizan practitioner training.
What’s the course about?
There’s an article describing the ethos of Mizan practitioner training here.
If you have any queries, or would like more information about Mizan practitioner training, please email
This is The Little Red Book of Mizan, written by Mizan practitioners and other therapists who believe in the benefits that Mizan can bring to women’s health. Everyone has contributed their time so that all the proceeds can be donated to the Mizan Bursary. The bursary exists to enable women into training who would otherwise not be able to join a course.
It gives a flavour of how Mizan can combine with other therapies and will be of interest to anyone thinking of treatment, or training as a practitioner.
I offer the following courses, please see the website or contact me for further details or for dates.
Wombspace workshops (1 day)
For existing practitioners:
Mizan Advanced Practitioner training (5 days)
2-day Fertility Workshop
3-day Pregnancy Course
Please note: Although I trained with Rosita Arvigo in 2003, I am NOT teaching the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy (ATMATTM).